Security Systems Technician
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with a minimum of 2 years of security and surveillance experience in a residential and commercial environment. You must have solid experience installing and programming both wired and wireless alarm as well as analog and IP surveillance systems. Experience in system design and access control systems is a plus.
Responsibilities and expectations include working with our experienced team of designers to ensure we are delivering the best systems to our customers, reviewing rough-in work prior to installation, system installation and programming, turning the system over to the customer and service work. Formal training as well as self-directed training and an interest in new technologies is mandatory. Must have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be hardworking, eager to learn new technology and motivated to help the company grow to the next level.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE PASSING BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, ENTRANCE PHYSICAL AND DRUG SCREEN.
- Must hold 2+ years’ experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- IP Video and IT experience preferred.
- A valid driver’s license, without restrictions is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance, in accordance with company policies.
- Pre-wire, installation and troubleshooting of residential and commercial electronic security systems including security cameras, burglar alarms, and access control.
- Programming of alarm panels.
- Performs scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it’s in satisfactory working order.
- Complies with quality control standards.
- Communicates project progress and status to Project Manager.
- Complies with VinTech’s standards of professionalism.
- Complies with state and OSHA laws, ESA standards, company policies and recommended procedures.
- Maintains assigned vehicle maintenance and tool inventory.
- Climbs ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height.
- Carries items up to 75 pounds.
Education, Certifications, and Training:
- Required – high school graduate.
- Required – security system installation experience.
- Must have valid Illinois PERC card.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.