Sgt. Jason Clark with the Chicago 19th District presents 10 tips on how to protect your home:
According to our local police, the best thing you can do to prevent crime is to get to know your neighbors!
- Know your neighbors, especially those directly surrounding you
- Store your neighbors’ phone numbers in your home/cell phone directory
- Coordinate a phone tree system
- Openly socialize and watch out for one another
- Join Nextdoor, a private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
For more tips, check out the previous “Keepin’ It Real” burglary awareness workshops we attended. If you ever have any questions regarding ways to protect your home or business, give VinTech a call at 773-388-1208.