Tips when applying:
Security Systems Technician
About the role
VinTech Systems believes that security and peace of mind are essential needs for a high quality of life. This is why VinTech’s team focuses on designing security systems that give confidence to our clients. For over 15 years, VinTech has grown from a solo entrepreneurial endeavor to a company supporting thousands of organizations in the Chicago area.
This is an opportunity to create solutions to improve the security of real Chicagoland residents and businesses. In this role, you will train and work with an experienced team of technicians and project manager to develop your technical skills in the installation, repair, and maintenance of security systems.
- Perform preliminary work. You’ll be required to verify and discuss different aspects of each service prior to installation, programming, and maintenance.
- Install Security Systems. You’ll pre-wire, install, and troubleshoot residential and commercial electronic security systems. These systems include security cameras, burglar alarms, emergency boxes, video verification alarms, and access control.
- Conduct preventive maintenance. You’ll be working with a variety of equipment/systems. All systems need regular inspections, adjustments, cleaning, and calibrating to ensure all features are working well.
- Communicate status and progress of each service. Your goal will be to deliver the best client experience. Communication with your team and project manager will help you succeed and feel supported.
- Maintain assigned vehicle and perform tool inventory.
- Observe VinTech’s standards of professionalism.
- Follow state and OSHA laws.
- Pass safety training.
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height.
- Carry items of up to 75 pounds.
- Pass a background check, physical, and drug test.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Passion for new technologies and the security industry.
- Experience installing and programming both wired and wireless alarms.
- Valid Illinois PERC card
- IP Video and IT experience
- 2+ years’ experience installing and/or servicing burglar alarms, fire alarms, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- Monday-Friday 8:00-6:00 p.m.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings