Have you ever thought that the QR code you're about to scan can harm you?…
Protect Your Security System-Maintenance is Important!
Only when you protect your security system you can expect it to be reliable.
In our November blog, we discussed how a security system provided same-day results in one of the largest homes in Illinois. The property had been trespassed and vandalized. The owner decided to install a security camera system after paying a high cost for repairs. The first day the cameras and sensors were installed, our client received fifteen notifications. Fortunately, the alarms scared the trespassers away.
Most recently, a client experienced a more serious crime. A murder took place near his property and the suspect was seen running into his condo building. A few weeks prior to this incident, the building experienced a power outage. The power outage caused the security system to malfunction. However, there was little priority given to the security system due to property management changes.
A security system is reliable evidence when it works well. It is when an incident occurs that you need will need it most. You can’t get a rain check on that!
Prevention is key. These are the top five reasons to give maintenance to your equipment:
1. Reliability. Maintenance assures the equipment continues to work properly.
2. The cameras are capturing motion 24/7 and the DVR is recording 365 days a year. Even if the equipment is high quality, it needs a refresh.
3. The equipment deals with environmental stress. Outdoor cameras are outside during storms, snow, and freezing temperatures. They need to be checked and cleaned to prevent damage.
4. Heavy winds can occasionally shift the camera’s focus. therefore its not a good idea to have the camera lenses focused on the floor right?
5. The cost of the equipment. Maintenance will extend the life of the equipment. Protect your investment.
What happens during a maintenance service?
A service technician will adjust the cameras to a proper angle. They will also check for signs of equipment deterioration and the condition of the system’s cable connections. Furthermore, they will update the software to make sure it continues to work properly. Take this opportunity to ask questions. And if you haven’t yet, its recommended to ask about the cost of a maintenance plan.
Whether you have a maintenance service or not, always call your security service provider if the system is not working properly. Additionally, we recommend contacting your security company to update your account if changes are made.