If you own a vacant home or property, this blog is for you! Earlier this…
Why You Should Be Aware of Lock Bumping
Have you ever heard of the lock bumping technique?
The frightening facts:
- The lock bumping technique can be used to open 90% of American homes. This is because most homes use an old-style cylinder lock. Additionally, when a lock bumping key is used to break in, there is no sign of a forced entry or damage to the lock. This lack of evidence makes insurance companies very leery about paying for the claim. Furthermore, you could lose everything and not get compensated.
- Anyone can make bump keys in 5 minutes or less. Hence, children as young as ten have been caught.
- Safety experts say it’s time to change. Additionally, they are clear about this new digital home security threat. Its time to update your home protection!
Click here to watch a demonstration of this technique.
What can you do to protect your home?
Update your locks to a high security residential deadbolt.
Features and Benefits
- A bolt mechanism accommodates both mortise and drive-in applications. This design provides greater flexibility and ease of installation.
- Steel shroud protects against “ice pick” type attacks. Avoid other items. Additionally, use high security strike plates. They have a special box design with 2 screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame. Furthermore, these will prevent kick-in type attacks.
- A hardened steel bolt is surrounded by a heavy-gauge tubular steel so it houses maximum resistance to crowbar attacks.
- A solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts. Therefore, it has maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks.
- Elevate and rotate pin tumbler design. It has false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins, and a sidebar mechanism together provide superior pick resistance.
Take action now! Protect your home from the lock bumping attack its easy and relatively inexpensive.
Learn more at www.lockbumping.com